Greg Amundson is the founder of Satvana Yoga, Krav Maga Santa Cruz and CrossFit Amundson, all located in Santa Cruz, CA. Greg brings an electric combination of passion, credibility and real-world experience to his lectures on Yoga, CrossFit, Warrior Spirit and God’s Love. Greg’s late father, Dr. Raymond Amundson, was a Doctor of Chiropractic, Pastor, Bodybuilder, Naval Officer, Deep Sea Diver, Champion Swimmer and world renowned Energetic Healer. His mother, Julianne, was a lifelong Teacher, Minister and Peace Corps Volunteer, who gained recognition for her volunteer work in Jordan, which took her life in 2011. From a very young age, Greg was indoctrinated into the culture of healing practices, leadership, spirituality and ministry.
In December 2001, Greg became a founding Athlete of the now famous and worldwide CrossFit fitness program, and was personally mentored in the methodology of CrossFit by the Founder of CrossFit, “Coach” Greg Glassman. That same year, Greg became one of the first American Law Enforcement Officers to begin an advanced course of study in Krav Maga, the Israeli Military method of Hand to Hand Combat. Greg’s mentor in Krav Maga was former Director of FORCE Training Londale Theus, who was the first American Law Enforcement Officer certified to teach Krav Maga. In 2004, Greg completed the rigorous Lead Advanced Krav Maga FORCE Instructor Program, and joined the team at Krav Maga Worldwide FORCE Division. Greg has been teaching CrossFit and Krav Maga for over sixteen years, and has instructed, lectured, lead seminars and conducted workshops, for an estimated (and conservative) ten-thousand hours. Greg has been referred to by his peers as a “Shihan” and “Sensi” (meaning Master Teacher) and “Coach”.
Greg learned the fundamentals of Asana, Pranayma, and meditation, from his father Raymond, who taught his patients these skills to assist in spinal health and spiritual alignment. Greg was the first CrossFit Coach to advocate for a spiritual practice within CrossFit, and devised a specific warm-up involving Yoga, Chi Gong, Tai Chi and breathing exercises to ensure safety and capacity in CrossFit workouts.
In October 2011, during the infamous SEALFIT Kokoro Camp, Greg began an advanced course of study in Warrior Yoga (now known as “Kokoro Yoga”) with SEALFIT and Warrior Yoga Founder, Commander Mark Divine of the US Navy SEALS. Greg is a certified advanced teacher of Kokoro Yoga and a graduate and personal friend of Rolf Gates and Gates Yoga Enterprise.
Greg served in both State and Federal Law Enforcement for over sixteen years in numerous capacities to include SWAT with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office and as a Special Agent (SA) with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) on the Southwest Border. Greg was the DEA Liaison to the highly regarded Border Enforcement Security Task-Force (BEST) Team. Greg also served as a US Army Military Police Captain and TAC Officer (Teach – Access – Counsel) where he instructed combatives, Yoga, CrossFit and leadership at the United States Army Officer Candidate School at Camp San Luis Obispo, CA. Greg currently serves as a Reserve Peace Officer in Santa Cruz, CA, with the Santa Cruz Harbor Patrol.
Greg has been featured in numerous magazine articles including Competitor Magazine, Mens Health, WOD Talk Magazine, Outside Magazine, Inside The Box Magazine, Santa Cruz Good Times, and Police Magazine. Greg is the Fitness Expert for Calibre Press Law Enforcement Magazine and his contributions to CrossFit and the Law Enforcement community have been chronicled in the bestselling books Inside The Box and Learning To Breathe Fire.
Greg is the author of four books, Your Wife is NOT Your Sister, God In Me, Firebreather Fitness and United States Army National Guard: Tips For Success. Greg is also a minister, highly respected lecturer and educator on such topics as Universal Law, Leadership, Warrior Spirit, and Gods Love. Greg’s Podcast “The Greg Amundson Show” has been praised as an encouraging warrior’s perspective on the Word of God. Greg is currently a Graduate Student at Western Seminary in Milpitas, CA., where he is pursuing a Masters of Divinity.
LECTURE – SEMINAR – WORKOUTS WITH GREG AMUNDSON
- Warrior Yoga Workshop I with Greg Amundson
- Warrior Yoga Workshop II with Greg Amundson
- Warrior Yoga Workshop III with Greg Amundson
- Complete 1 Hour Warrior Yoga Practice with Greg Amundson
- Fitness For Leadership
- Commitment Part I with Greg Amundson
- Commitment and Warrior’s Language with Greg Amundson
- Positive Self-Talk with Greg Amundson
- Accomplishment of a 10 year Goal
- Positive Self Talk
- SEALFIT experience with Greg Amundson
- Holistic Nutrition Seminar Part 1 [video]
- Holistic Nutrition Seminar Part 2 [video]
- Conversation With a Modern Day Warrior
- Service On The Warriors Path (Greg Amundson with Kenny Kane)
- Spiritual Fitness (Greg Amundson with Doctor Nicholas Romanov)
- Warriors Service (Greg Amundson with Mark Divine)
- GI Jane
- Amundson Warm-Up
- Heavy Fran
- Fran (Annie & Greg)
- Tabata Push Up’s
- Fran (Greg & Josh)
- “In The Kitchen With Greg” [video]
- “In The Kitchen With Greg Episode 2” [video]
- CrossFit Radio Interview
- CrossFit Radio Interview II
- CrossFit Radio Interview III
- Fitness For Leadership – Presented at the Texas A&M Leadership Summit in Frisco, Texas
- Forging Elite Leadership
- Coaching The Mental Side of CrossFit
- CrossFit HQ History
- Diet Secrets of the Tupperware Man
- Good Housekeeping Matters
- The Chink in my Armor
- How to Grow a Successful Garage Gym
- Training 2 Miles to Run 100
- Diet Secrets of the Tupperware Man Vol. II