GREG AMUNDSON — A graduate of Western Theological Seminary (MA Ministry and Leadership) Greg Amundson is among the Nation’s forefront authorities on self-leadership and integrated wellness practices.
Greg brings an electric combination of passion, credibility and real-world experience to his lectures on Yoga, CrossFit, Warrior Spirit and God’s Love. Greg’s late father, Dr. Raymond Amundson, was a Doctor of Chiropractic, Pastor, Bodybuilder, Naval Officer, Deep Sea Diver, Champion Swimmer and world renowned Energetic Healer. His mother, Julianne, was a lifelong Teacher, Minister and Peace Corps Volunteer, who gained recognition for her volunteer work in Jordan, which took her life in 2011. From a very young age, Greg was indoctrinated into the culture of healing practices, leadership, spirituality and ministry.
In December 2001, Greg became a founding Athlete of the now famous and worldwide CrossFit fitness program, and was personally mentored in the methodology of CrossFit by the Founder of CrossFit, “Coach” Greg Glassman. That same year, Greg became one of the first American Law Enforcement Officers to begin an advanced course of study in Krav Maga, the Israeli Military method of Hand to Hand Combat. Greg’s mentor in Krav Maga was former Director of FORCE Training Londale Theus, who was the first American Law Enforcement Officer certified to teach Krav Maga. In 2004, Greg completed the rigorous Lead Advanced Krav Maga FORCE Instructor Program, and joined the team at Krav Maga Worldwide FORCE Division.
Greg has been teaching functional fitness and Krav Maga for over 19 years, and has instructed, lectured, lead seminars and conducted workshops, for an estimated (and conservative) ten-thousand hours. Greg has been referred to by his peers as a “Shihan” and “Sensi” (meaning Master Teacher) and “Coach”. On August 26, 2018, after nearly 20 years of training in Krav Maga, Greg was awarded his Krav Maga Black Belt after four grueling days of testing at Krav Maga Worldwide Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
Greg served in both State and Federal Law Enforcement for over 20 years in numerous capacities to include SWAT with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office and as a Special Agent (SA) with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) on the Southwest Border. Greg was the DEA Liaison to the highly regarded Border Enforcement Security Task-Force (BEST) Team. Greg also served as a US Army Military Police Captain and TAC Officer (Teach – Access – Counsel) where he instructed combatives, Yoga, CrossFit and leadership at the United States Army Officer Candidate School at Camp San Luis Obispo, CA. Greg currently serves as a Reserve Peace Officer and Law Enforcement Chaplain in Santa Cruz, CA, with the Santa Cruz Harbor Patrol, and is an Honor Graduate of the Los Angeles Police Department Handgun Instructor School (HITS).
Greg has been featured in numerous magazine articles including Competitor Magazine, Mens Health, WOD Talk Magazine, Outside Magazine, Inside The Box Magazine, Santa Cruz Good Times, and Police Magazine. Greg is the Fitness Expert for Calibre Press Law Enforcement Magazine and is the Section Chair on Physical Fitness for the National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA). Greg’s contributions to CrossFit and the Law Enforcement community have been chronicled in the bestselling books Inside The Box and Learning To Breathe Fire.
Greg is the author of 7 books, including the Amazon #1 multi-category bestselling book The Warrior and The Monk. Greg is also a Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Certified Law Enforcement Chaplain. Greg’s Podcast “The Greg Amundson Show” has been praised as an encouraging warrior’s perspective on the Word of God.
LECTURE – SEMINAR – WORKOUTS WITH GREG AMUNDSON
- Warrior Yoga Workshop I with Greg Amundson
- Warrior Yoga Workshop II with Greg Amundson
- Warrior Yoga Workshop III with Greg Amundson
- Complete 1 Hour Warrior Yoga Practice with Greg Amundson
- Fitness For Leadership
- Commitment Part I with Greg Amundson
- Commitment and Warrior’s Language with Greg Amundson
- Positive Self-Talk with Greg Amundson
- Accomplishment of a 10 year Goal
- Positive Self Talk
- SEALFIT experience with Greg Amundson
- Holistic Nutrition Seminar Part 1 [video]
- Holistic Nutrition Seminar Part 2 [video]
- Conversation With a Modern Day Warrior
- Service On The Warriors Path (Greg Amundson with Kenny Kane)
- Spiritual Fitness (Greg Amundson with Doctor Nicholas Romanov)
- Warriors Service (Greg Amundson with Mark Divine)
- GI Jane
- Amundson Warm-Up
- Heavy Fran
- Fran (Annie & Greg)
- Tabata Push Up’s
- Fran (Greg & Josh)
- “In The Kitchen With Greg” [video]
- “In The Kitchen With Greg Episode 2” [video]
- CrossFit Radio Interview
- CrossFit Radio Interview II
- CrossFit Radio Interview III
- Fitness For Leadership – Presented at the Texas A&M Leadership Summit in Frisco, Texas
- Forging Elite Leadership
- Coaching The Mental Side of CrossFit
- CrossFit HQ History
- Diet Secrets of the Tupperware Man
- Good Housekeeping Matters
- The Chink in my Armor
- How to Grow a Successful Garage Gym
- Training 2 Miles to Run 100
- Diet Secrets of the Tupperware Man Vol. II